Sunday, December 4, 2011

JUDGING THE GCA: ON THE JUDGES

The fourth day! Short one today.

ZOMBIFICATION ASKS: Who got the podcast section?
Um... This is going to come across as more flippant than I'd like, but Judge #4.

I'm sorry I can't be more forth-coming at this point; the person who's judging that has not made it public that they're judging these awards and it's not right for me to take away their right to privacy.

Though I won't reveal the identities of any judge who's not already explicitly announced their involvement, there are more things I can say about them without violating any rights, implied or otherwise.

Judges were chosen on a few set criteria.
  1. Judges cannot have been nominated in any category.
  2. Judges must be familiar with the online DYI style of reviewing.
  3. As much as possible they must not be seen as being biased in their selections.
Three of the judges have made videos critiquing review series and/or the state of online criticism in this community. At least three have written extensively and intelligently about the subject, whether it be on blogs or forums. Oh, and I'm not the only judge with a background in film theory.

But who can I actually confirm? Well, as stated in a previous post, Robert is the only judge to be associated directly with CriticTV. Aside from myself, only MartialHorror of Critiquing The Critics has made his involvement public.

I believe many of the judges will be made public when the winners are announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment