Thursday, December 29, 2011

FILM SCHOOL ABRIDGED - THE CHEAT SHEET

A while ago I started a little side project called 'Lens Cracker'. I always liked the idea, but I never really did much with it save for a rough cut of the pilot. Consider this the magnum opus.

Early this October I set out with the lofty goal of the basics of Film School into a single 8x10 sheet of paper. This is what I came up with.

THE FILM TECHNIQUE CHEAT SHEET

I like it, frankly. The information on here, though certainly not all-inclusive by any stretch of the imagination, is indispensable in any on-set situation. It's designed as a tool. People to print out and keep in their pocket whenever their shooting. The problem is that it's only a reference sheet; it's only helpful to those who already know what everything means. Chances are good that most reading this blog won't.

So let's change that.

Starting next week I'll be posting bite-sized explanations of everything on this sheet. It'll take a while, but it gives me an excuse to post more regularly.

Cheers for now!

Oh! And post any comments or questions and I'll address them in following installments.

No comments:

Post a Comment